Now I must include the fabulous Scritti Politti surely?
Three songs here.... OK, Four. ;)
Firstly their big hit in Oz "Wood Beez [Pray like Aretha Franklin] which the local radio jocks were calling "Wood bee easy" for some reason while it was riding high in the charts.
The Second, the lovely "The word girl"
A superb song called "Perfect Way"
And finally a cover of a Beatles classic "She's a Woman" featuring Shabba Ranks doing a great rap... I'm not a fan of rap, it's pretty woeful copy-cat junk, but this is great and I have to say, if you must rap, rap like this.
Scritty Rocks!
Wolfie!
"Wood Beez" (Pray like Aretha Franklin).
"The word Girl".
"Perfect Way".
"She's a Woman" with Shabba Ranks.
Vintage Articles: Sean Lawrence's Discaire Column - Peter & Celi & Bette &
Rod... & Donna // Christopher Street - July 1979
-
It has been *some time* since I've posted one of *Sean Lawrence*'s
*Discaire* columns from *Christopher Street*. I've had some moments to
delve into t...
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment
Message the Captain: